December 13, 2010

One Wantan Mee stall....

I took a mouthful, chewed and swallowed. Oh my, I have to post this on my blog. This is the reason this picture was taken with the 'eaten' look. I don't know how you like your mee but I like it in thin strands. Some are a bit thicker. Not only is the mee in thinner strands but it also tasted fragrant. There is no after taste of alkaline water and this is what I really like about the mee. The Ah cheh (sister) told me it is home made. The gravy of the mee is light and tasty with a tinge of sesame oil. The dark soy sauce doesn't taste smoky. I was told that this stall was formerly situated at/near the Caltex station. They have since acquired their own kopi tiam.Ah Koh (brother) preparing the wantan mee. Something he has been doing for over 20 years (could be 40), I can't recall as I was too eager to eat!
Order an extra bowl of wantan. The wantan aren't teeny weeny with no meat inside the skin. There is actually a meat ball inside the wantan unlike those you get from other stalls.You can find this delicious almost Hong Kong style wantan mee at Kafe Tong Sheng. Location: Jalan Dato Koyah, Penang. (Opp Lim Clinic)
:o)

2 comments:

gill gill said...

they have moved back to the argyll road Opp Caltex Station. The highlight of their Wantan Mee is White with Extra Dried Version. the dark version is just normal. i would recommend Chicken Skin too.(side order)

Bubbles...ooo said...

GillGill, TQ for the info. Been a while since I last drove myself to that area. Will make a note of your recommendations. All the best.:o)