May 26, 2010

Japanese Toufoo with Cheese....?

I saw this long queue outside Kim Gary. I dragged hubby to join in the queue much to his dismay. It was a while before we were allocated a seat. I've heard people talking about Kim Gary but....This 'katak' has never patronized Kim Gary. I found out that it is a franchise restaurant and originated from Hong Kong. Oh good (so I thought). Both of us settled for the Roast honey spare ribs with mushrooms. It came served atop rice. We were really disappointed as there was nothing 'Hong Kong' about it. The spare ribs were dry and bland. Honestly, there was nothing to it. A few pieces of dry bland ribs, some small pieces of Chinese mushrooms with rice and corn. Urghhh! The Japanese bean-curd with abalone mushroom was something different. It is a dish baked with eggs and lots of cheese on top. I didn't mind the taste. Some fusion done well. I've never tasted/eaten any kind of bean curd cooked this way with cheese. Hubby thought it tasted odd.
The potato baked with cheese and bacon tasted good. We both enjoyed this dish. The generous amount of cheese used made it better. The drinks we had were something different too. I had ice-blended red-bean with coconut milk. Hubby had pineapple with coconut milk. It was awesome. Maybe it was because I love coconut was the excuse hubby used when I said I love the drink. Well, that's hubby's judgment.
It isn't really a spectacular dining place but.....you may want to say....I've been there.
You can find KIM GARY here...3RD FLOOR OF GURNEY PLAZA, (BEHIND SONY AND MAGGIIE T)
**10% Service & 5% Government Tax
:o)

No comments: