January 14, 2010

Bubba Gump Restaurant.....

"Are you guys game for a new place to eat?" That was the question posed by BB as we walked towards the shopping mall. "Okay," was hubby's answer. "I don't know if the food is good because I have not been there myself." That was BB's next sentence. We both thought it would be a good idea to try a restaurant all three of us have not patronized before.
BB led us to Bubba Gump Restaurant. We entered the place through the side entrance that is situated inside the shopping mall of Sunway Pyramid.
The place is ohhhh......
very cowboy like. I think that is the best I could describe the interior as I took my seat.
We were seated in little stalls as I would like to call our seating place. It really is a place with a difference.
Menus were handed to us and since it is our first visit, we needed the waitress' recommendations.
Have some fun reading all the writings on the boards hanging above and some stuck on the wooden walls around. I mean whilst you wait for food to arrive.
Our appetizers the Bubba dip. The dip is made up of spinach, carrots, etc...etc....mixed with mayonnaise and herbs. Tortilla chips come with this dip. The taste is something different not that extraordinary is how the three of us would sum it.
The next appetizer is the Greenbow tenders. Fancy name but not the food. It is actually pieces of chicken breast marinated in spices (a little spicy) and deep fried. I would liken this to what we find at our local mamak stall. The deep fried chicken comes served wrapped in 'newspaper' and in a metal pail.
1st main course, The Captain fish N chips. The deep fried pieces of fish tasted just like any other normal ones you find. I must say the fish smelled a little too fishy for hubby and me. Other than that, no complains. The coleslaw is good and I like the way it is served....in newspaper like paper. Interesting.
This is called 'Of course we have scampi'. It is seafood linguine. Something ordered by BB. BB took a few mouthfuls and decided to trade it with daddy for his order.
Daddy ordered Bourbon Street Barramundi. When the Barramundi arrived it looked really delicious. The fish is deep fried and served in creamy sauce with prawns and lots of herbs. Again, the fish tasted too fishy. BB loved this though so it didn't go to waste.
Our drinks, 1 medal margarita, 1 mango sparkler and 1 run forest run. I think what we really enjoyed here are the drinks. The food, I would say it was nothing to shout about. It isn't bad but just ordinary. The only one commendable is the Bubba Dip. The service people here also deserve a pat on the back. They are very friendly.
Bubba Gump is an American franchise eatery. This outlet mentioned here, you can find it at:
Oasis Boulevard
Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall
Bandar Sunway
Selangor
Tel: 03-56384559








No comments: