December 10, 2008

Oh Chian (Oyster Omelette)

I have been searching for this stall for many years since coming back to Penang. My beloved Oh Chian stall or Oyster omelette d'Nyonya as I loved to call it. This stall used to be stationed opposite the Muslim orphanage in Air Itam. Mmmm...yummy, it still tastes the same as back in yonder years. The big juicy succulent oysters that are used. The man frying it, well he still look the same albeit the age and bald head. Still as stern as before and thus, I still don't know his name. LOL.
Here, meet my oh chian (see the pics). An omelette made with big juicy oysters, eggs, some corn starch and chopped chives. I think the tastiness comes with the frying time. 'Kau hueh' as in the right heat used when it is fried. Of course, the tasty chilly sauce that comes with it plays an important part. This man fries every order individually and that makes it 'very best' where I'm concerned. In case you are wondering where the stall is now. It is stationed at Bee Sun coffee shop which is situated at the cross road junction of Jalan Kampung Melayu, Air Itam and Jalan Padang Tembak. Happy enjoying! :o)
***Uncle has stopped frying. According to the Kopi Tiam owner, he has retired. Sorry.

No comments: